Sunday 22 February 2009

#296-Kathina Eve at Dhammikarama Temple 2008

Kathina, which is a Theravada Buddhist celebration or some call it a festival, comes at the end of a 3-month long retreat for the monks in the temple. Last year's one at our usual temple, Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist temple, was held on the 19th of October. And usually, the night before, we'll be going to the temple for some prayers and a walk around the Sima Hall.


The main hallway of the temple.

Some random signs in Burmese.

The notice board.

The main hall.


Chanting book.



The monks present at that time.

Robes and whatnot to be offered to the monks.

My RM10 on the tree. Weeee~

The money tree.

Procession round the Sima Hall.


Two candles, one for me and the other for my late grandmother.

Chanting in the Sima Hall.

I was born in the year of the goat!




iTunes playing Justin Timberlake - LoveStoned/I Think She Knows.
Sent from my MacBook Pro.

0 mumblings: