Monday 6 October 2008

#225-Song Censorship...

Well, I recently found out something awkward yet amusing yet a bit, em, how would I put it? Another one of our censorship board's mistake? Anyways what I have in question is about probably one or more songs on Malaysian radio stations lately. An example, The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne. I mean, come on, what's wrong with the word damn? It's just a word to strongly emphasize on something or to emphasize anger. For Malaysian radios, we're left out with the best part of the song, when Avril sings the chorus at the part when she sings "It's the best damn thing that your eyes have ever seen". They cut out the word damn. Now it's "It's the best .... thing that your eyes have ever seen". Again guys/girls from wherever this censorship thing comes from, there is seriously nothing wrong with the word damn!! If there is, why didn't you all censor the part in the new song by Flo-Rida feat. will.i.am called In the Ayer when will.i.am sings the chorus and sings "Oh hot damn, this is my jam"? Sigh. Why oh why? There is this one more song, I forgot what song it was, but I remembered this because they censored the word damn but not god. I believe god might be and offensive word to some people who don't believe in the existence of that figure. Anyways, that's enough of rant for this post and I think I might continue on another blogpost tonight before sleeping.

iTunes playing DJ Mystik - Butterfly (Japanese Techno).
Sent from my Dell Inspiron 8600.

0 mumblings: