Saturday 19 July 2008

#112-Bon Odori Festival, Penang

Well, it's an annual festival here in Penang. It's some Japanese-Buddhist thingy. I'm not really sure what Bon Odori is about, I just went to the festival for fun and also to take pictures, although I didn't take much. It was held at the Esplanade from 6-10pm and it's pretty alright. There were food and performances and stuff like that. There were a lot of this cosplay-ing peeps around which got me thinking, what's the actual use of doing all this? I pretty much think on my own opinion that it is a waste of time, money and it's ugly too. Anyways, it's their life, so why bother? Haha. I also realised one thing, although it's a Japanese festival, there is also a lot a local food sold at the food fair. There's food like Char Koay Teow, Char Koay Kak, Curry Mee and etc. etc.. Anyways, met several friends there, Ben, Pravin, Sylvester, Kok Lim, Ph'ng Pin, Jia Hau, Run Yang, Chin Chong, and Wai Chun. I didn't really hang out much with them except for maybe like for 15 minutes with Ph'ng Pin and a lil' while with Jia Hau, while waiting for my parents to pick me up.


The Esplanade.




Random picture of my phone.

The Malaysian police 'doing' their job.


The Town Hall building.

The stage.




My food fair tickets.



This stall is outside our school on Tuesdays and Fridays.

My bag of fried chicken.

The spicy fried chicken.


Bubble tea stall.

My bubble tea, it's Banana and Blueberry flavoured.





Some random lady and her 'devil'-ed dog.

Apple Juice.

Me and Jia Hau.

Sent from my Dell Inspiron 8600.

0 mumblings: